Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School is a public school located in Mahanoy City, PA. It has 456 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 29% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B35 Students
- A+28 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-19 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- B-12 Students
- A+12 Students
- B11 Students
- C+11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School
- B-Schuylkill Haven Senior High School
- Schuylkill Haven Area School District, PA
- 126 reviews
- B-Tamaqua Area Senior High School
- Tamaqua Area School District, PA
- 69 reviews
- B-Pottsville Area High School
- Pottsville Area School District, PA
- 162 reviews
- CMinersville Area Junior/Senior High School
- Minersville Area School District, PA
- 49 reviews
Mahanoy Area Junior-Senior High School Reviews
Unlike most schools, Mahanoy Area is a second home to me and many of my peers. Not many people could say this but I know almost everybody's name in our high school. My school has provided me with numerous opportunities to interact with everyone. I am happy to say that every teacher was more of a second parent to me. They helped me more than just with homework. I know when I walk out the front doors in June, my teachers and the district as a whole will have fully prepared me for what is to come.
I enjoy my time at Mahanoy Area. The teachers are always willing to help. There are also many sports, clubs, and activities. The academics are good and help me out a lot.
The cafeteria always had a variety of options. There was a regular line that served the meal that was on the menu for that day, and there was a deli line that had a variety of soups salads and sandwiches to choose from. There was also fruit, yogurt, and vegetables available as snacks/desserts. There was a variety of drink choices as well, spanning from water, to iced tea, to powerade, to milk or chocolate milk. The cafeteria staff also made sure to accommodate for every special dietary needs of teachers and/or students. The cafeteria also had a variety of snacks, including chips, popcorn, rice crispie treats, apples, string cheese, or nutrigrain bars.