Magoffin County High School is a public school located in Salyersville, KY. It has 599 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-114 Students
- B-74 Students
- C73 Students
- A-68 Students
- C42 Students
- C+22 Students
- B+21 Students
- B-19 Students
- B+18 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Magoffin County High School
Magoffin County High School Reviews
Magoffin County High School is an excellent school for academics, sports, and clubs. After a tornado struck in 2012 heavily damaging the town of Salyersville, Magoffin County High Schoool was relocated to a brand new facility and has multiple new sports complexes. MCHS staff is very involved with the students. The teachers work hard in the classroom and after school ends. Multiple teachers volunteer to say after school hours and tutor students for the ACT or upcoming tests. Inside the classroom, teachers are always on their toes ready to teach and help a raised hand. College readiness is a big deal at MCHS. There are college readiness classes available for students who have not reached their ACT benchmarks. MCHS staff give out "Hornet's" to senior student has reached their ACT benchmarks and get to decorate them however they want and this pasted to a board in the hallway to encourage underclassmen to achieve college readiness. MCHS is a great place to learn.
Magoffin county has a great school. They have very good teachers, and other workers. The sports at this school is great, they let everyone have the chance to play if they want to. We have great academics. They allow you to come after school to get tutoring, and help you study for the ACT. The guidance counselors help you in any way they can, and are always there for you when you need to talk.
Everyone at my high school goes out of their way to make you feel included. This school is perfect, I would not change anything about it.