Magellan Charter School is a highly rated, public, charter school located in Raleigh, NC. It has 407 students in grades 3-8 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Magellan Charter School Rankings
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Magellan Charter School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Magellan Charter School Reviews
I like the small classes, it helps with focused studies. They can somehow cram all that knowledge but make it feel like a game of paper. The diversity has risen over the years, and lots of the kids are nice. It helps prepare students for upcoming years and incorporates all of the "specials" and "electives" into the classes or you can sign up for an after school activity. You get to bring your own food which helps with allergy and health worries from stressed parents. I've seen two very nice janitors and lots of encouraging words all around. Thank you Magellan Charter for being a great school.
Magellan is a very good school. It has amazing resources, and most of the teachers are extremely nice and understanding. There is low diversity, but there is a high amount of parent involvement. The clubs are pretty good (I'm not in one though), and after-school activities are world qualifiers. They have an amazing college readiness program, and the facilities inside are clean
Small classes, engaged teachers and admin. Students are taught how to be organized, respectful, responsible, and academically focused. Follows the state curriculum with the flexibility for overnight field trips each year to provide good bonding opportunity.