Magazine High School is an above average, public school located in Magazine, AR. It has 256 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Magazine High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-118 Students
- C+110 Students
- A-62 Students
- B54 Students
- B+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+19 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Magazine High School
- B+Charleston High School
- Charleston School District, AR
- 36 reviews
- BParis High School
- Paris School District, AR
- 59 reviews
- B+County Line High School
- County Line School District, AR
- 15 reviews
- BBooneville High School
- Booneville School District, AR
- 22 reviews
Magazine High School Reviews
This school is about more than your learning experience. It is a culture. When you attend Magazine School District, you’re immediately adopted as a Rattler. The environment is safe and loving. Stepping into the halls, you immediately feel like family. Leaving the halls for the last time, all the amazing memories you’ll make come rushing back. The teachers treat you will the care of their own children, and the students feel like siblings. You are given lots of opportunity to grow as both a student and a person. Over all, I truly believe that if you attend Magazine, you’ll always be able to say those were the best days of your life.
At J.D. Leftwich High School, there are very few things that I wish would change. The staff is kind and helpful, the administration is always changing things for the best interest of the students. The only complaints that I have would be a little selfish. I ask for thing such as an open campus, and a soda machine! Although these things have obvious reasons why they are not allowed, I just know most students would love these "upgrades."
I attend JD Leftwich High School as a senior, and can honestly say it is an amazing school. When someone is in need, everyone comes rushing to help. The teachers are always willing to lend a helping hand, the student body is kind and hard working, and the sports program is filled with dedicated athletes ready to improve and learn. It is an amazing school and I recommend it to anyone!