Ma'ema'e Elementary School Reviews

I can tell you teachers are a hit and miss. Some care some don’t. They will academically challenge you but any learning disability or holding the class back from learning you are considered the bad kid. They continued to tell me my child needs to be put on drugs to control the behavior. Are you kidding me? Now since my child left this school no drugs are given and grades are above par. Why is that? Now at a different school my child is listening and has excellent grades and made a lot of friends. My child struggled with bullying and they swept it under the carpet. If it wasn’t for me my child will suffer.
Teachers are always accessible and open to concerns. They are updating their professional development and share with the parents what they are working on or learning. They make learning fun for the students while pushing them to succeed and challenge themselves.
The teacher communicates weekly through email or paper announcements. My child is happy, so I'm happy.
Start Your Review of Ma'ema'e Elementary School
Office staff is friendly. Have not had to contact principal or counselors.
Buildings and bathrooms are kept nicely by custodial staff. There is an air-conditioned library on the second floor of the adminstration building. There is a computer lab where students go for classes.
There are paid after-school programs such as Kumon, tutoring, Japanese Language and Art, Chinese Language, Kids Invent. Broadcasting and JPO are also non-fee based activities.
The school is very safe. There is a health nurse on campus. Bullying is addressed in every grade level. Students are kind to each other.