Madras High School is a public school located in Madras, OR. It has 678 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Madras High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-102 Students
- C+77 Students
- A-67 Students
- B60 Students
- B-44 Students
- A40 Students
- B35 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+26 Students
- B25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 19 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Madras High School Reviews
It is a great diversity school. However, could use improvements in the administration. Some of their rules are ridiculous and very unfair for the teachers working at the school. The teachers are good very informative and resourceful. It’s not just the teachers but the faculty do their best to be helpful and resourceful as well. The school gives different opportunities for students. In their previous school year 2019, they had a very high graduation rate. Many students do their best to be inclusive and help out with some of the community activities. Everyone is also very respectful throughout previous years and do their best to get along with other students. In all matters I would say that the school has improved since my Freshman year.
The school was well put together and had a strong push forward academically and in sports, but due to mismanagement with administration the new path went from strong upcoming school in the state to a rebuilding agenda. I enjoyed my time as I felt the teachers were in it for the students and the academics were challenging enough for the fast paced students and still able to cater to those who need extra assistance. But as soon as the following fall it seemed the staff were filled with new faces and the administration were scrambling to fill positions that may not have been the most qualified.
Madras High School brings a lot of diversity among not just people but courses as well. We have one of the most diverse crowds of people from our reservation 30 miles away, our latina/latino population and our study abroad programs. But, our school isn’t perfect, none are. We have a bullying problem (it’s getting better but still prominent) and we also have a large queer community which doesn’t really mix well.