Madisonville North Hopkins High School
- MADISONVILLE, KY
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B
Madisonville North Hopkins High School is a highly rated, public school located in MADISONVILLE, KY. It has 1,029 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Madisonville North Hopkins High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B+193 Students
- grade B192 Students
- grade B minus190 Students
- grade B+150 Students
- grade C+141 Students
- grade B minus58 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade A+40 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Madisonville North Hopkins High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 60 responses
- Football Games20%
- Pep rallys18%
- Basketball Games15%
- Marching Band Events!15%
- Concert band events8%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade A minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,084 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Madisonville North Hopkins High School Reviews
Rating 3.74 out of 5 220 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Madisonville North Hopkins High School is a great school. All the faculty people are very nice. All the teachers, guidance counselors, and the principals are very involved in helping the student be successful and making sure they make good grades. All the students here are very supportive of everybody and we always have a great student section at all of our games. Also we are always having other schools always complementing our students. All together Madisonville North Hopkins High School is such a great school, it feels like a second home because we are all one big happy family. Go Maroons!
I enjoyed going to Madisonville North Hopkins High School very much. I felt very safe there and I knew that everybody was striving to make my high school experience as fun and easy as possible. During my four years, I participated in the Madisonville North Hopkins Marching Band. My first two years of band, I marched alto saxophone. My Junior year, I marched alto saxophone and was also backfield conductor. Although my senior band experience was cut short due to covid-19, I became one of the two Drum Majors for the Marching Band. Being in band throughout high school helped me out in a tremendous way. Along with band, I participated in many advanced classes throughout all four years. All of my teachers were a great help and they made sure I could pass with the best grades possible. So far, I have been able to pass every class with no less than a B+. Going to Madisonville North Hopkins High School was beneficial for me in every way. I enjoyed all four years of my high school experience.
There are numerous opportunities to challenge yourself academically and student involvement is gradually improving. However, I have observed numerous cases of student dissatisfaction, ranging from dress code, favoritism, and a lack of student body voice. Overall, it is a good school for a small town but it's nothing special and it fails to have notable success in any area.