Madison Southern High School is an above average, public school located in Berea, KY. It has 1,203 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 44% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Madison Southern High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-339 Students
- A-236 Students
- B-102 Students
- B-101 Students
- A-86 Students
- B+82 Students
- B-75 Students
- B+56 Students
- B55 Students
- C+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 27 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Madison Southern High School
Madison Southern High School Reviews
I love how caring the teachers and staff are! They are always going out of their way to check in on us and they go above and beyond to make sure we have everything we need to succeed. As far as the school building itself, its constantly being cleaned, bathrooms are cleaned every class period, yard is always mowed, etc. The food there isn't all so bad either, they have the best tasting food iv'e ever had at a school. We have drills about every month to keep the school safe, we go through all the drills as if they were real. Our resource team is fantastic, they are always caring for every student in the school, from needing shoes, clothes, and food to just wanting a little snack during the day our resource center is there.
Madison Southern has been a great experience for my daughter, she has had great teachers and her Guidance Counselor has been amazing! The career paths that they have are diverse so that all students can find one to be involved in. She has excelled in her classes academically as well as in Volleyball and the fact that MSHS makes sure they are do well in the classroom as students before they do well in sports as a student athlete.
The staff members are very friendly. However, I would like to see an actual counselor/therapist employed for students to go see if they are having issues. We do have school counselors, but they seem to be more for scheduling rather than mental illnesses. The food is okay. Any students can create a club as long as they have a teacher to sponsor them. I wish we had more funding for the arts-- we live in a city "where art's alive" but the theatre and band programs don't receive funding. These programs help students experience growth and learn important skills, but don't have any funding. All money is raised by the students.