Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B305 Students
- A+227 Students
- B+188 Students
- B-168 Students
- B152 Students
- A+147 Students
- A-141 Students
- A-100 Students
- A-78 Students
- A77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.50 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.76 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.85 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.85 responses
Madison High School Reviews
Review Madison High School
I have been at Madison High School since I was a freshman. I love this school with all my heart. I've wanted to attend this school since I was young. I always thought it was beautiful. I was not disappointed. This school has shaped me as the person I've become today. The teachers, the academics, and the clubs have shaped me into becoming the strong young woman I am today. I was accepting whenever I would try new things. The students and staff would go above and beyond to make you feel right at home. There is a large amount of diversity, and I'd say that they do their best to recognize everyone in every organization. We are proud of our school here and we love supporting everyone's interests. Here at Madison, I guarantee you will find a place you belong if you are open to trying new things. We welcome everyone! If you're looking for a supportive, loving, and spirited school. That can prepare you for the outside world. This is the one for you!
Madison has plenty of extracurricular activities and groups available. The Fine Arts department includes theatre, orchestra, choir, band, and art, which all have after-school clubs and year-round activities and performances. Within the athletic departments there are always after-school practices with many sports regardless of the season. Basketball, football, track, soccer, baseball and more keep sports-loving students busy. Also, the language department has clubs for most of its languages, like Spanish, German and French. Aside from these three main areas, other clubs, like PALS, Unity Club, Earth Club, Debate, Video Game club, and even Disney club. There's bound to be something for everyone at Madison!
James Madison High School has been a decent school to attend. There are many clubs and activities to get all student involved. The college preparation is also fantastic. Something which seems to be lacking is effective actions taken for student discipline. The same steps are repeated every time a student causes a problem, yet remains ineffective. Many students who participate in various organizations around campus seem to complain the funds towards everything except sports (especially football) seem to be minimal.