Madison High School is a public school located in Middletown, OH. It has 408 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+21 Students
- A-20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B16 Students
- A14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B11 Students
- B+10 Students
- B+10 Students
- B-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Madison High School
- B+Monroe Junior/Senior High School
- Monroe Local School District, OH
- 95 reviews
- B-Dixie High School
- New Lebanon Local School District, OH
- 37 reviews
- A-Miamisburg High School
- Miamisburg City School District, OH
- 197 reviews
- B-Edgewood High School
- Edgewood City School District, OH
- 106 reviews
Madison High School Reviews
The extracurricular opportunities include band, theatre, football, baseball, soccer, softball, basketball, track, art club, and video game club. Most kids are in sports and a core group of the same kids are invloved theatre, art club, video game club and band. There is also a group for Christian athletes and that is the only religious-affiliated group offered for the entire school. The selection is crap and with how many LGBTQ students that I know go there, you would think there would at least an acknowledgement of them.
The faculty was always nice, caring and we did fun activities like in Spanish we had food and watched a Spanish soap opera to try to figure out what happened. I participated in the musical and it was such a pleasure to work with the director, he was great! the food was not all that great and if you were not in an "important" sport you were insignificant.All in all I had a good experience there and made lots of fun memories.
The teachers teach the curriculum, but very few lessons excite students. The students aren't challenged, and the top students often get forgotten. However, some of the teachers are passionate about teaching. Also, the extracurricular activities are very fun and group oriented.