Madison High School is a public school located in Mansfield, OH. It has 943 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+64 Students
- B42 Students
- B34 Students
- A-32 Students
- A30 Students
- C28 Students
- B-26 Students
- B20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Madison High School
- CMansfield Senior High School
- Mansfield City School District, OH
- 84 reviews
- B-Loudonville High School
- Loudonville-Perrysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 59 reviews
- C+Mapleton High School
- Mapleton Local School District, OH
- 65 reviews
- BShelby High School
- Shelby City School District, OH
- 41 reviews
Madison High School Reviews
My experience was good. The teachers are nice and willing to help, they seem to connect with students like family. The students are overall good people, I never really experienced bullying. The school does their best at trying to get students involved in clubs and/or sports. The only thing I think could be better is counselling. The counselling department doesn't always do the best job of letting students know all the information about a topic and they don't always get things done that they are informed need to be done specifically by them.
Madison High school was not a bad school district to grow up on but it could have some improvements. I believe that college readiness could be improved by not worrying so much about state testing readiness and more about making sure we are truly ready for the real world. It would have also been nice to see a change in our school menu instead of the same about 4 things to eat every week. The teachers and staff are for the most part kind, pleasant, and helpful. The students weren’t always the nicest but that’s high school. I always enjoyed participating in sports but I do believe that certain teams were treated better than other teams by staff. Over all my Madison experience was not a bad one and I do have some fond memories of the place and the people.
I liked the career techs they offered, but they could of improved on the water (irony) or the food (stale). Throughout my four years they could of handled education and students better.