Madison High School is a public school located in Madison, SD. It has 396 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+89 Students
- B60 Students
- B-40 Students
- A-20 Students
- B19 Students
- B18 Students
- A+16 Students
- A-14 Students
- B-13 Students
- B-13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Madison High School Reviews
Madison High School (MHS) is located in the in the medium sized town of Madison, SD. Like most medium sized towns, there is only one high school. Personally, I liked this about MHS. It meant that each class wasn't too small, but that it wasn't too big either. There are just enough people so that everyone knows each other and are there for you when you need help. The staff that works here makes this school great. We have many different teachers who all teach something a little different. Based on what classes you sign up for and take, you are able to create a bond with the teachers whose classes you have taken. These teachers will always be there to help if you have a question or problem; even if it doesn't have to deal with their class or school. I'm glad to have gone to MHS and will always be a proud bulldog!
Great teachers, who care about you and your education! I am really glad that I went there!! The teachers are willing to work one on one with you to help you out. Also, the food is great and the staff are all really nice. Thankful to have had my education at such a nice school.
The teachers are very helpful and there are many classes to choose from based on your interests. The arts are wonderful however they lack in funding. I have really enjoyed participating in Band, Choir, and Theatre at Madison High School. The sports teams are also very good however having parents as coaches can cause complications. Overall, I loved attending this school.