Madison High School is a public school located in Madison, OH. It has 950 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+124 Students
- B106 Students
- B98 Students
- B-81 Students
- B79 Students
- A-79 Students
- A-77 Students
- A72 Students
- B-53 Students
- B-50 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like Madison High School
- B-Jefferson Area Senior High School
- Jefferson Area Local School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- B-Riverside Junior/Senior High School
- Riverside Local School District (Painesville), OH
- 199 reviews
- B-Geneva High School
- Geneva Area City School District, OH
- 83 reviews
- B+Chardon High School
- Chardon Local School District, OH
- 167 reviews
Madison High School Reviews
There’s no other high school like Madison High School. Madison has a positive environment, full of students and teachers that seek for nothing but greatness. Madison is truly a great place! It seems about everyday that students are finding new ways to make the school even better! The education is breath taking, and will definitely have you ready for your next stop! Teachers are always willing to stay and help you if you need it. It is a truly a great feeling to say that Madison High School is a family.
The building itself is a dilapidated ruin. No one in the higher administration (on the board especially) seems to actually care about the success of students. We had three different superintendents in two years. The building isn't air conditioned, but is heavily insulated. In the August-September heat, we sit in un-air conditioned classrooms where it's upwards of a hundred degrees. You get sick because of switching from hot hallways to cold classrooms because some teachers have personal air conditioning units. At their own cost. If it wasn't for the teachers, Madison would have absolutely no redeeming qualities. But they have amazing teachers. There are also lots of extracurricular activities and it's easy to get approval for new ones. The music program is also very good.
Madison High School is a perfectly acceptable school that excels in areas like math and history due to the teachers and not the curriculum. While there are some teachers who go above and beyond to help students prepare for college and the ACT as well as developing good study skills, there are plenty who do not, which makes the high school experience inconsistent and frustrating. The facilities are nice for a school building that is as old as it is. Everything is well kept today and the janitors do a great job of keeping the school clean. Our school resource officer is very friendly and makes the place feel safer. The music and arts programs that the school offers are quite good and all the students enjoy having those classes. Overall the school has some outstanding or exemplary aspects but also some parts that inherently drag it down.