Madison High School is a highly rated, public school located in Madison, NJ. It has 870 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Madison High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A69 Students
- A60 Students
- B48 Students
- A+42 Students
- B39 Students
- A-32 Students
- A+30 Students
- A30 Students
- A+30 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Madison High School
- A+New Providence High School
- New Providence School District, NJ
- 86 reviews
- ARandolph High School
- Randolph Township School District, NJ
- 300 reviews
- AMontville Township High School
- Montville Township School District, NJ
- 192 reviews
- AScotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District, NJ
- 239 reviews
Madison High School Reviews
The school does a really good job funding some activities such as music, art, and sports. Many of the teachers take the time to help students and there are designated tutorial rooms for those who need it. However, there is a lot of work assigned, which is stressing a lot of students out. There are other inconveniences that can be fixed. Wifi is extremely slow and can shut off from time to time. The parking lots are also very small and hard to get out of after school.
I think overall, my past experience at Madison High School has been very enlightening and helped me grow not only as a student but as a friend, a colleague, and a pioneer for new ideas. MHS had a focused learning environment along with a strong in-class and outside the classroom dynamic between classmates and teachers alike.
As a senior of MHS I believe that this school is one of the best academically. The teachers are great, the faculty is awesome, and the coaches are good at what they do. There's certainly things to improve on such as food, bathrooms, and some sanitation issues. However overall Madison High school is a very good school.