Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Madison County High School is a public school located in Madison, FL. It has 510 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 24% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Madison County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A118 Students
- grade B94 Students
- grade B82 Students
- grade A69 Students
- grade A+69 Students
- grade A52 Students
- grade B minus51 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade B+34 Students
- grade B29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responses
- Pep rallies20%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,503 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Madison County High School Reviews
Rating 3.1 out of 5 104 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
No one cares about you unless you’re a star sports player, primarily a football player. The only good thing about this school is you can dual enroll at the local college in town which can get you college credits faster and prepare you for universities but not many students get this opportunity because their test scores are not high enough to enroll.
In the days that I have been at Madison High, I have found that it is more like a family than anything. The school is small, but I like that since it is small everyone knows everyone. The teachers are more involved with their students, and students feel more connected because of this. It does not matter to me that I have not been here long, I love it and am proud to graduate from here.
I liked that there were some teachers who actually cared about your education and wanted you to do your best. Some classes didn't have enough books to go around though so you would have to share in class. The food was ok. At least they had a la cart line and vending machines. Football and Madison go hand in hand. My friends are what made the experience of high school mememorable.