Madison County High School is an above average, public school located in Gurley, AL. It has 512 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Madison County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-77 Students
- B68 Students
- A59 Students
- B-52 Students
- A-50 Students
- A44 Students
- B40 Students
- B38 Students
- B32 Students
- B18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Madison County High School Reviews
The overall experience of this school is ok. There are few teacher that truly help prepare you for college. The only challenge the school really provides is ap classes. The school basically does whatever to make sure every kid passes, but not preparing them for college in the process.
Madison County is my favorite school because it is full of respectful staff, very genuine and funny staff, and just overall friendly staff that will always give second chances so that you have the opportunity to graduate. There are plenty of athletic programs to get involved in, and it is not a very big school so there in no need to worry about getting lost trying to find I class room, or no need to scurry down the hallway due to the fact that the classes are close.
Small school atmosphere allows for closer friendships and less teacher to student ratios. The drawback is that it only allows a limited number and type of classes that can be offered. Other schools in the system are larger so they are able to provide a broader curriculum. The technical school program is good to help fill in the gaps and provide for a future for those that prefer a trade for their career versus a college degree.