Madison County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+119 Students
- B-77 Students
- B-68 Students
- B+46 Students
- B-34 Students
- B+30 Students
- A-27 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-26 Students
- B+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 14 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Madison County High School
- BCommerce High School
- Commerce City Schools, GA
- 64 reviews
- B-East Jackson Comprehensive High School
- Jackson County Schools, GA
- 67 reviews
- BClarke Central High School
- Clarke County Schools, GA
- 164 reviews
- CFranklin County High School
- Franklin County Schools, GA
- 171 reviews
Madison County High School Reviews
Review Madison County High School
Madison County High School is one of the best schools in the area. Being in a very rural area, the agricultural education is phenomenal. The school also has been improving in many ways as a whole. Madison County High School is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers and administrators. They care a lot about their students and their needs. The school also has a new, beautiful turf field which the community can enjoy viewing the Red Raiders take on different sports like football and soccer.
Our school's extracurricular activities are highly varied and enjoyable. Though we do offer run-of-the-mill athletics found at nearly every high school, the truly unique clubs are often non-athletic. Our academic and art oriented student activities are not only high engaging, but successful and full of incredible students. For example, our Academic Team not only appeared on WSB-TV's competitive game show, but was undefeated and even made it to the GHSA state tournament. Moreover, the Drama Club, who performed "Hairspray" as their 2016 spring musical, sold out tickets all four nights of showing and even over filled the capacity of the theater. These activities and others are lead by committed and hard working teachers and students who devote their entire heart to their endeavors despite being high achieving, busy individuals already. Because these non-athletic clubs are not financially supported by administrators, their success can be fully credited to the incredible students and teachers behind them.
The quality of teachers at Madison County varies drastically. Our most gifted and beloved teachers tend to be in the English department. These teachers not only have phenomenal pass rates on state-wide tests and AP exams, but are hardworking, knowledgeable, and genuinely care for their students. The passion that drives the English department is truly unique and unparalleled in any other school system. Our Social Studies teachers are also driven individuals with great love for the subjects they teach; this dedication is evident in that my Economics teacher hosts weekend study sessions for his students, even going as far as providing food and extra credit to participating individuals. Our teachers adapt their teaching styles to the individual needs of the student and do not give up until each student can attain the level of success they desire. Not only are our teachers passionate about their work, but they are heavily involved in student life, sports, and activities. The motivation and love of learning these incredible people instill upon our student community is incredible, and I have been truly privileged to complete four years of high school under their guidance.