Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Madison Consolidated High School is a public school located in Madison, IN. It has 876 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A172 Students
- B116 Students
- A+116 Students
- B+72 Students
- C+70 Students
- B58 Students
- A-56 Students
- B56 Students
- A-51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Madison Consolidated High School Reviews
I have attended Madison Consolidated to take a couple classes for the past four years. In my experience, the teachers have all been fantastic in delivering a good education and giving good attention to the personal needs of each student. Madison offers a strong lineup of AP classes, such as AP Chemistry, Literature, Calculus AB and BC, French, and more. Unfortunately they do not provide IB as well, but it is a fair trade for the AP selection. The school facilities do feel outdated, but they have recently been investing in more modern upgrades, such as a brand new student commons. As far as academics go, I would absolutely attend Madison again.
Overall, Madison is a good place to send students for high school. I wish there was more of a school culture, with more clubs and student involvement. I think the best two programs in our school are the arts and STEM. As far as facilities, our school is constantly making changes to make it a better learning environment for students. Right now they're working on a new theater for our arts program.
Overall the school wasn’t too bad. Have very unique opportunities with ivy tech! Got almost two years of college credits done through it.