Madison Area Memorial High School is a public school located in Madison, ME. It has 203 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Madison Area Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B47 Students
- B35 Students
- C+32 Students
- C28 Students
- C+27 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+21 Students
- C21 Students
- C+15 Students
- A-12 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 24 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Madison Area Memorial High School Reviews
Madison Area Memorial High School is great! Teachers are open and approachable and would do anything to see you succeed. The town is small so everyone knows everyone. While sometimes being small is a disadvantage, it most definitely is not for Madison.
While some of the staff like Drew "Moses aka Mo" Slempkes cared about us, most of the teacher such as David Lynch just drank during school. There were some crazy people such as the notorious "Chirs-man" and the wolfman. The wolfman is crazy with the ladies and once took 7 girls to homecoming and showed them all his shadow. The JMM cross country team was really good lead by varsity stalwarts Liam Higgins, "Big Mike", "Sneaky Pete" and Gerry "The Machine" Vaughn. The team was bound to win state, alas Jared "Chicken" Gonzales who was a promise let the team down by getting last place at the sectional race. This lead his dear cousin Ray to fall into homelessnes and fall into a quary. If you want clout in the school hit up future rapper/break dancer Brandon "Noizy-B" Garcia. He cleaned up his own TP job in the school bathroom. Lastly, shoutout to that man Bill Richardson, he really cares about his athletes (enough to shave his beloved beard for them).
- OG Buisch
- OG Buisch
The teachers here are excellent; they are extremely personable and willing to help whether that help revolves inside the classroom or beyond. The guidance counselor is a great help. He balances quite a lot around the school and is the go-to guy for everything. I would say that the school is a bit under resourced for a couple of reasons though. I think that the school would benefit from having a language teacher, rather than having to learn a foreign language online. Overall though, I have enjoyed my time at Madison. The staff here are extremely flexible and understanding, and the learning environment here is exemplar.