Madison Academy - High School Reviews

This school allows you to express your talents, abilities. I enjoyed attending this school because it is small in size and there aren't any big classes. The small classes will make your learning experience far more extravagant than any other school. My school makes everyone feel at home even if you feel out of place. This school also does really nice parties and allows every student to participate in any of the activities. It also throws awesome celebrations for the different grades in the school.
Madison Makes every child their own the staff are always willing to help out and never lets a kid down. I am a senior at Madison and my experience has been the best since the ninth grade. I love the way they educate and how they relate school to the real world .
Before Madison, My educational experience was a struggle. This was due to things going on with my home life. However, at some point in fifth grade I moved in with my grandmother and started my journey with Madison Academy. Just like anywhere you go, It’s was difficult at first. I was always learning something new. After a few years at Madison I began to recognize what I was truly capable of, though I still have room for improvement. But I can’t take all of the credit for my improvement. From the moment I first walked into the Elementary, to my senior year, there has been and still are some amazing staff members who helped mold me into who I am today. After all these years at Madison, not only do I feel smarter but I will also leave with many good memories. As I move on for my college life they have prepared me for, I will never forget what Madison has done for me.
Start Your Review of Madison Academy - High School
My overall experience at Madison Academy has been good. The teachers are always helpful and the administrators always make sure the kids are learning something new everyday. The staff does things to make sure every student is comfortable no matter the color , race , or ethnicity. I would definitely recommend this school to anyone looking to get a good high-school experience .
Some teachers are caring & some school events are fun . Some teacher will also help you even after you leave Madison and make sure your going down a good path. The dress code isn’t very strict and is not hard to follow. Class periods shortened and passing time increased was the best thing Madison decided. Classes are easy to get by and some assignments are fun and enjoyable while doing. Some years were better than others and great memories were made within my 3.5 years going to Madison academy . My sophomore year was the best and most enjoyable, i really enjoyed Madison
Pros: It's not a big school, so just about everyone knows you.
Long lasting friendships/students
Kind and friendly Staff
Highly diverse; everyone is different, whether it be looks or personality
Alumni always visits

Cons: Lacks interesting after school activities (although are improving)
Small building (THis can be a pro to some)
Not well known "Its by atherton"
The sports is competitive , and the band is great.
It was overwhelming at time!
I can tell my teachers really care for me and want me to be the best I can Be.
Everybody is pretty much in good shape.
We don't have a lot of activities that we can participate in.
My overall experience was ok. I did what I was suppose to and I participated in the things that was interesting to me.
The school doesn't have lots of things that students can work with. I know our teachers try it's just I feel I can lead a lot more somewhere else but it's a good school.
You get really close to the faculty, staff, and students. However, it was not at all challenging. There are no ap classes, except online. You really can't even get help from other teachers when doing various online work. Sure, it was, at times, a fun environment. Education is something that's important. The better you get, the more it will help you out later. And I didn't get the push and challenge I needed to excel.
Academics here are not advanced enough. Colleges want us to be college ready, but how can we when here we don't even have high advanced classes. Which also explains why so many people here receive such low grades on their ACT.
Lunches here are very bland. There is not a huge variety of health foods at all. Yes, they give us healthy lunches, but the size and portion of the lunch is terrible.
Administration here are very unorganized and make my parents pretty upset because they always announce things last minute or the day of. Also, administration don't seem to have very good control over the students who fight and bully all of the time. Favoritism among certain students also seems to be very prominent between administration and certain students which is unfair. Attendance is a very big issue here. So many students just do not understand the importance of attending school and showing up on time. Absences and tardy's are a frequent thing. Dress code is very strict also which most of the students here hate, but we have no control over it.
Start Your Review of Madison Academy - High School
In my opinion, Madison does not offer the right resources/classes to prepare a student for college level courses/ learning. Then you have some parents who care very much so about their son/daughter's education and then you have the parent who could seriously care less which is why their son/daughter is failing and acting uncivilized in a school/classroom environment.
The teachers are amazing and make wonderful relationships with the students, but the academics are very poor quality. The classes are not very advanced and barely prepares us for college level classes. Most of the students here are care free and very uncivilized also. If I could choose a school all over again, I would definitely not choose Madison Academy.
The students who do participate in Madison Academy's athletic program are very dedicated and play well. The only problem is is that they don't offer a wide enough range of sports and when they do finally get a certain sport in the school the students here never want to come to the game to support their school. Team spirit here barely even exists like other regular schools. It's pretty pathetic.