Macon Senior High School is a public school located in Macon, MO. It has 426 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-35 Students
- B28 Students
- B+24 Students
- C+22 Students
- B21 Students
- C21 Students
- B+13 Students
- B11 Students
- A-8 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Macon Senior High School
Macon Senior High School Reviews
Macon Senior High School is one of the larger schools in our rural area of Missouri. Like any other schools, it has its ups and downs. The education I received has been preparing me quite well for college as most of the classes I have taken are Dual Credit and can be transferred over. The facility is decent, but the administration is subpar. Many of the "higher-ups" prioritize sports over academics. One thing that Macon Senior High School does well is their implementation of safety. This year, a new pick-up system was established to keep mainly the elementary students safe from potential kidnappers or shooters. I believe that extra courses over basic skills that are needed for scholarship application, college application, and money saving should be taught to juniors or seniors. Overall, my experience at Macon Senior High School was alright.
My Highschool is very welcoming. Being in a small town you get to know not just the school but the community around it. Macon Senior Highschool has a variety of sports, clubs and activities throughout the school. I love being a Macon Tiger!
Macon has a very poor student support system. There are few teachers that truly get involved in improving the student's lives. Sports are prized over academics, even though that is poor as well. There have been numerous cases of bullies that went without punishment and enough fights to last my entire academic career. At one point, there were four different math teachers for one subject in one year.