Macon County High School is a public school located in Montezuma, GA. It has 443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
Macon County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+70 Students
- A+61 Students
- C+54 Students
- B+53 Students
- C+45 Students
- C+40 Students
- B-40 Students
- B39 Students
- C+38 Students
- C37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Macon County High School Reviews
Macon County High School has an excellent community that works well with the schools. Of course, you have good and bad faculty and staff. For the most part, I think our faculty and staff are pretty good and loves helping the students in any way that they can. If they can get better with preparing students with college, then that would be good. I feel that they should have more college classes offered to the students and partnerships with colleges near the school. If they do that, the school will be better than it is now. Students will have a better outlook on college and also college credits that they will not have to take once they enter school.
I love Macon County High and if I could change one thing it would be line of communication. Communication is everything between the teachers and the parents.
More resources for the students. And for the teachers to be more passionate about their job. That way school want be so boring and the students would be more involved.