Macon County High School is a public school located in Lafayette, TN. It has 959 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Macon County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+177 Students
- C+156 Students
- B112 Students
- A-109 Students
- B-98 Students
- C+72 Students
- A+59 Students
- B56 Students
- C43 Students
- B+41 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Macon County High School
Macon County High School Reviews
Macon County High School is an ok school in my opinion. There are always good and bad teachers, but overall it is going along great. It is best to be involved in whatever you can. Overall though, the school is mostly about sports and some arts. They have, FCCLA, FBLA(which I am in), FCA, FFA, Interact club, Yearbook club, Service Learning, Leo club, Theater club, Debate Team, Student Council( which I am in also in), Beta club, and TLC. They also have, Student dual credit classes(SDC), and Dual Credit(DC) for students that need extra credits for college. Last, but not least, we have TCAT in Hartsville, or as we call it Vocational. It is where students get out of normal classes(math, science, english, history) to get better at their career field, such as Auto maintenance and light repair, Cosmetology, Culinary Arts, Machine Technology, Mechatronics, Nursing Education, Residential/Commerical Construction, and Welding.
I love my high school. I have made some awesome memories during high school. If I could change perts of my school, however, I would change the dress code to fingertip length shorts. As a female, it is very hard to find shorts that go all the way down to your knees unless you shop in the men's section. Overall, most of my grievances with Macon County High School are just small inconveniences that I understand are for our wellbeing in the long run.
MCHS is not as bad as some make it sound. However, there are a few things that could be changed. For example, the school lunch. The food could be a lot better. Another thing is that it prepares students for college fairly poorly. The expectations are very low compared to expectations for college. The clubs and activities throughout the school is great though! There is always something going on, and that makes School a little more enjoyable! Teachers are nice, and helpful. All in all, there could be improvements, but it's not too bad as some believe.