Macomb Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Macomb, IL. It has 592 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Macomb Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B121 Students
- B+63 Students
- A+60 Students
- B-35 Students
- A33 Students
- C+32 Students
- B28 Students
- B+28 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Macomb Senior High School
Macomb Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Macomb High School was very well spent. Thankfully, I was not bullied there and to my knowledge not much bullying is happening because of the teachers and administrators promoting the effects of bullying and why it should never be done. On top of that, the teachers and administrators are very kind and understanding for each and every student. What I would like to see changed is that more than 50 percent of the students attending are under goverment lunch and I would like to see less than 25 percent of the students be on goverment lunch. To add to that, I would love to see more student involvement throughout the community because it seems as though students do not want to be involved with community service for them wanting to spend their free time on what they would like to do, not what people would like to see them doing.
Macomb High School is a great size and has a great community surrounding it. The athletics and classes are subpar but overall the school is pretty nice. Homecoming week is a very fun time of the school year because all the students get involved for a chance to win the spirit stick. There are fun activities and relays every day to participate in. Macomb also offers a wellness day where students can choose which wellness classes they attend.
In my opinion, Macomb High School is a great high school! I have never had an issue or wished I was at a different high school. All the teachers and staff are caring, respectful, and ultimately looking out for the students' well being and educational sucess. I personally think that is very important and I am very grateful that I attend a high school like Macomb High School!