MacArthur High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+307 Students
- A-272 Students
- B246 Students
- A+239 Students
- A-167 Students
- A-167 Students
- B-160 Students
- B+131 Students
- A+126 Students
- B123 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.60 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.60 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 209 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.105 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.105 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.105 responses
MacArthur High School Reviews
Review MacArthur High School
This school is the heart of the Aldine Independent School district. While Aldine High School boasts the districts name, it is this school that has shone far and wide. The endless extracurricular activities to be a part of, award winning Marching Band and choir, and proud sports teams all help define what the school is best at. The school is vibrant, and filled with very passionate educators who work tirelessly to help raise up their students. While this school does have an overcrowded feeling due to its high population, this does not negate from the overall positive atmosphere that this school possesses each day.
I like how most teachers are understandable and they try to make the students successful as much as they can. The school has a lot of resources and activities students can participate on. They're really disciplined, I would say that students do not have bad behavior and are always in dress code. Assistant principals make sure everybody is in class getting their education and not just walking around the school. Although, one thing I do not like is that if you're late one or two minutes in the morning, you are automatically have come late stay late. I personally think that being late one or two minutes doesn't mean you should stay more than an hour after school. Overall, I think that this school is one of the best in AISD.
The teachers at my school, MacArthur Senior High School are great teachers that are limited at creativity due to the vast number of rules preventing them to work at full blast. Most of the teacher are well trained at the subject they educate students in. The interest in the students are at a pretty good standard, but could be better. They are well spoken when it comes to actually talking to the students about topics in class as well as understanding issues outside. The grading can use a tweaking at with the students constently wanting to kow there grades to improve there averages.