MacArthur High School is a public school located in Decatur, IL. It has 1,113 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 17% in reading.
MacArthur High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B67 Students
- C+64 Students
- B45 Students
- B+42 Students
- A-34 Students
- B+32 Students
- B30 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-26 Students
- B26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Schools like MacArthur High School
- B-Eisenhower High School
- Decatur School District No. 61, IL
- 93 reviews
- BWarrensburg-Latham High School
- Warrensburg-Latham Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
- B-Argenta-Oreana High School
- Argenta-Oreana Community Unit School District No. 1, IL
- 21 reviews
- B-Sangamon Valley High School
- Sangamon Valley Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 19 reviews
MacArthur High School Reviews
My overally experience at Macarthur High School was very interesting. We went through about 4 principals within my 4 years of attending. My graduating class of 2017 went through many trials and tribulations as a whole, they pretty much used us as their “lab rats” The school spirit at Macarthur is through the roof. You will never find another fan section as hype as the Macarthur Generals!
I am a student attending MacArthur high school and have attended for all my four years. It has been an amazing experience since the start, I had a chance to meet new friends and get more involved in my school community. This school is included in the district 61 and ever since I was little I always remain in this district and the schools involved because they offer many opportunities that makes the kids more active and always a way to learn more.MacArthur high school is not just any school but also my home and to many other students I can say. .Once a general always a General! This school offered me an opportunity to go see what i really wanted to do in my life as a career and thanks to this school before I graduated school I knew what I wanted to do.
MacArthur was a great school experience wise. However, the learning experience was very hot and cold depending on the teachers. I enjoyed myself and because I was an honor student with college and AP courses, it made it quite easy to fit in in my environment.