Mabank High School is an above average, public school located in Mabank, TX. It has 1,035 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+129 Students
- A+105 Students
- B-94 Students
- A93 Students
- C89 Students
- B+89 Students
- B+81 Students
- B66 Students
- A-64 Students
- B+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Mabank High School
- BEustace High School
- Eustace Independent School District, TX
- 38 reviews
- B-Malakoff High School
- Malakoff Independent School District, TX
- 43 reviews
- C+Kemp High School
- Kemp Independent School District, TX
- 55 reviews
- B-Trinidad School
- Trinidad Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 11 reviews
Mabank High School Reviews
My High School experience was okay until my senior year and then it ended up pretty rough! My senior year started off by my most important teacher to me getting arrested.He was the most important teacher at Mabank High School to me, because he was suppose to be the one teaching our Theory class to get our EKG Tech Certification. Well, it took a couple of weeks to find a replacement and that ended up putting our class a little behind! Then a little while before the first semester ended my pre-cal teacher ended up getting fired. She really had no idea on earth what she was doing. She was one of the laziest teachers I have had at Mabank.
My career at Mabank High School has been shaped by 2 things: academics and organizations. In terms of a classes ability to ready me for college, the only experience I have received was in overall difficulty. No other training or preparations were given to me in terms of college readiness. However, I have found that through my relative intelligence and ability, I was lucky enough to be privy to the small select group of excellent teachers at this school. Organizations, though, are outstanding at this school. From the larger clubs like BETA, to the more minute clubs like Rotary, all organizations have an effect on the school and build a better culture, despite the lack of diversity. My high school experience was mostly shaped by friends, teachers, and my interest in chemistry, rather than any outstanding college readiness, sports, or administration help.
My whole high school experience has been very welcoming. The staff is very nice and the students are some what always nice too. Mabank high school really tries to get everyone involved in something, if it’s a sport or club. I personally am in many clubs, DECA, BETA, student Council, and Robotics. I’m also involved in the Band as a color guard member , and dance in the Musicals. The school has great opportunities for any student to be in a club they would enjoy. However, something I would like to see change is the time management. Yes, the school wants you involved with everything, but they have no tolerance for late work. Which doesn’t seem so fair, I personally have practices till 7-8pm at night and then have to be prepared for a 6:50 am step off. It’s not easy to schedule at least 5 assignments in. The teachers should be letting us have more time to work on homework, but overall the school has been decently okay with the issue, I would just like to see more of a change.