Lyons Township High School is a top rated, public school located in La Grange, IL. It has 3,981 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 64% in reading.
Lyons Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+441 Students
- A+315 Students
- A-252 Students
- A234 Students
- B+217 Students
- B+214 Students
- A+212 Students
- A-207 Students
- A190 Students
- B-179 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.62 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.62 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 198 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.87 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.97 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.97 responses
Schools like Lyons Township High School
- A+North High School
- Community High School District No. 99, IL
- 286 reviews
- A+York Community High School
- Elmhurst School District No. 205, IL
- 489 reviews
- A+Carl Sandburg High School
- Consolidated High School District No. 230, IL
- 682 reviews
- A+Naperville Central High School
- Naperville Community Unit School District No. 203, IL
- 505 reviews
Lyons Township High School Reviews
Lyons Township offers a wide variety of class options. From Scuba diving to Sports Medicine, Sociology and even Exercise Physiology! The education is rich and the resources are immense. The staff is very helpful and allows students to reach their full potential.
I know high school can be a nightmare for some people, but all in all I had a pretty good experience at Lyons Township. I think my satisfaction comes from the fact that each class has over a thousand students in it. With so many kids, it creates so many opportunities. There actually is something for everyone here. From amazing academics to athletics. As a theatre kid; however, I do wish they'd give us a little more attention, it does seem like we get pushed to the side for the sake of the athletics department more often than not. My high school places a large focus on athletics, and while that's fine I do wish they tried to make the non-athletic students feel a little more included. My high school is amazing though when it comes to dealing with students one on one. Personally, I've struggled with depression for years, and our counselors got me the help I needed immediately. All in all, I'll always remember Lyons Township fondly. Go LT!
Overall my high school experience was exceptional. Lyons Township Highschool taught me so much from learning inside of the classroom to being part of the volleyball team. Lyons Township does an outstanding job of creating a comfortable environment for students, despite everyone's differences. Not only does Lyons Township create an exceptional learning enviorment, but also they have amazing events outside of school. From fall football games to winter basketball games Lyons Township makes it easy for all students to meet new people through such exhilarating events. Finding something that would need to be changed is very difficult for me, as it would be for most other classmates. The suggested changes would be as minor as possibly changing the food provided for the students in the cafeteria.