Lyon County High School is a public school located in Eddyville, KY. It has 255 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B51 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-20 Students
- A-18 Students
- B-8 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-7 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Lyon County High School Reviews
I really like the small school feel that we have here. All of the students get to develop close friendships, and parents are really involved too. Class sizes are smaller than maybe most schools and it makes it easier for the teachers to really get to know the students better. And of course, every student probably believes that the lunch room food could always be better.
Lyon County High School overall is a good high school. The school has helped me pursue a college education. In my duration of attending Lyon County High School, I was able to take multiple dual credit classes, and in result I ended with 19 credits. The only fault of attending this school is the last two years of high school my English classes were not helpful at teaching me anything, and I was not confident in my writing skills. However, overall Lyon County High School is a good high school.
Lyon County High School will only prepare you for college if you apply yourself. Several of my classmates dropped out after one year because they found the work to be too challenging. AP classes are a great way to prepare for college but often times the material seems to be more than the teachers can handle. This is a small, rural town with limited resources and a significant lack of diversity which can result in a bit of a culture shock for students who apply to out of state colleges. The school may benefit from encouraging more students to attend trade school rather than college preparatory classes.