Lyndon B. Johnson Early College High School Reviews

Lyndon B. Johnson Early College High school is actually a good school if you are interested in joining band or CNA/PCT. This high school has many classes that you're interested in and is a friendly atmosphere. Students who wished to pursue a career in the health care field will be able to take CNA and Patient Care Technician courses where you get to actually work with patients in nursing homes and hospitals. Then you will be able to take a test where if you pass you can officially work in the hospital or in a nursing home. They also offer ACC where you can be a high school student that takes classes at ACC at the same time. Once you graduate you will receive an Associates and a high school diploma at the same time.
It was a wonderful school Ms. Henry was the best principal, she left my senior year and Ms. Walls took over as interum; she was far from great!
I like that you don’t have to worry about people judging you or calling you weird because you can be yourself
Start Your Review of Lyndon B. Johnson Early College High School
I like how the teachers are happy to help with further understanding when you're stuck on a topic. I would like to see the student involvement change, meaning more student become involved in the ACC program and take advantage of the free college courses that are offered.
I've been a student at LBJ High school for 3 years. Throughout my 3 years, I've seen the school rise and fluctuate. It overall is a good school, but they lack in supporting the students. Especially those who have been builled or are being bullied.
This school is ok. The only thing I actually enjoyed was Ethnic studies with Miss Gaines. I think that the school needs better counselors and make the school more interesting for students to become more involved. They should add more programs for the students.
This is a perfect example of how the schools should treat and manage a well community with lots of love and care
I've been a student at LBJ for 3 years now. I had an idea of what to expect before getting there, but I have to say that my experience was quite different than theirs. I've always been quite the loner. I made some friends; some were good and others were questionable but they all helped me in one way or another. I didn't really find myself at home at LBJ until I went into the Early College Program. The Early College Program allows high-school kids to take Austin Community College classes for free if they pass an exam called the TSI. The only requirements are:Pass all AISD classes, Don't Drop/Fail/Withdraw from more than 3 classes, Good behavior on and off campus. No one expects growth to happen the way it does and when changes come, you move away from people who aren't like-minded as you are.
My experience with this school has been very up and down. I would like to say that it's been the best possible but in reality it hasn't.
I've spent all my 4 years at LBJ High school. Although LBJ lacks in resources and funds they thrive in connecting with their students as if they were family which makes the learning environment feel like home.
Gives students a chance to earn an Associates degree with their High School Diploma. Students can join any time and all courses and books are covered by the school. Students also get the opportunity to take CLEP exams or take other classes that interest them or ones they would like to just transfer to a 4-year University they would like to go to.
The only thing that makes LBJ a remotely average school is the Early College Program. I attended the school all through my four years of High School and I learned nothing, knowledge that surfaced my brain was from Austin Community College, never LBJ. Teachers have no interest in your success, no guidance, and no aid, in anything what so ever.
I like LBJ! I like how the teachers work with us and I like how much school spirit the students have with our sports. I think LBJ is a great school overall, there's not much I don't like about it. One thing I don't like is the education we receive, I went to Del Valle High School before I came to school here, which is in a different school district. I feel like they have better classes to offer than LBJ does. I also hate the food here, there is never anything good. Luckily, since I'm a senior this year I am aloud to go off campus and eat, which is very beneficial because the food is disgusting and sometimes I feel like the food isn't even edible.
The coaches or the adult in charge in a club are really interested in what they are doing. They pay attention to every single one of the members in the group.
The teaching methods that were used were not the best but the school activities, dance team and sports, are the best things there.
Most teachers don't give it their all for the students to stay focused the entire time they are there.
THERE ARE A GUARD OR TWO BUT THE STUDENTS SOMETIMES NEED MORE SECURITY THAN THAT.
Start Your Review of Lyndon B. Johnson Early College High School
OTHER THAN FOOTBALL AND CHEERLEADERS THERE ARE NO NOTICEABLE ORGANIZATIONS THAT ARE UNIQUE OR INTERESTING.
I DID LIKE THAT THE SCHOOL OFFERED DUAL CREDIT PROGRAMS AND AP COURSES.
THE HIGH SCHOOL IS NOT BAD BUT THERE COULD BE MORE HELP AND OPTIMISM TOWARDS THE STUDENTS EVEN IF THEY ARE NOT VERY ENGAGED.