Lyman High School is a public school located in Lyman, WY. It has 219 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Lyman High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-45 Students
- B+35 Students
- B30 Students
- A19 Students
- A+16 Students
- B15 Students
- C+14 Students
- C+14 Students
- C+8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lyman High School
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Lyman High School Reviews
My high school isn't very big. We have under 300 kids, but I enjoy this aspect of our school. With less kids we get more one on one time with our teachers, and we can build good relationships with them throughout our high school career. Our student body is very involved in support for our clubs and especially sporting events. Even though we have a small student body our enthusiasm during events makes us big. I have really appreciated the college courses our school offers for us. We have both AP courses and College Courses (offered through Western Wyoming Community College and Utah State University etc.) at our school that give us amazing opportunities to get a jump start to a college career.
Lyman High School, was a great place to go to school. I was able to finish one semester of college in high school! Their sports are mediocre, and is easy to get on any team.
I enjoy the small class sizes and the resultant teaching style and teacher student relationships. You can participate in whatever activity you would like and you can participate in multiple activities. The music program is phenomenal and the sports program is very good. The fact that the school is small is very helpful in a number of ways but because of that there are not nearly as many opportunities as there would be in a big school like speech and debate or other clubs and classes. However the classes and activities that we do have are fantastic and our teachers, advisors, and coaches work very hard to make them the best they can be.