Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Lyman Hall High School is an above average, public school located in Wallingford, CT. It has 1,074 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Lyman Hall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A194 Students
- grade B minus165 Students
- grade B150 Students
- grade B minus108 Students
- grade B88 Students
- grade B86 Students
- grade B65 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade B minus56 Students
- grade B+56 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responses
- Pep rally19%
- Ag. Fair15%
- Any sporting events.13%
- Field Trips6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$21,443 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 46 responses
Schools like Lyman Hall High School
- grade B+Mark T. Sheehan High School
- Wallingford School District, CT
- Rating 3.95 out of 5 218 reviews
- grade BOxford High School
- Oxford School District, CT
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 164 reviews
- grade BNorth Branford High School
- North Branford School District, CT
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 147 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Haven High School
- North Haven School District, CT
- Rating 3.8 out of 5 242 reviews
Lyman Hall High School Reviews
Rating 3.84 out of 5 245 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I believe Lyman Hall can genuinely be a great school with some slight improvements. The school has some age to it and it shows, the lockers and bathrooms are simply old and worn. It looks poor in comparison to the school's agricultural education building. The Ag-Ed was great! Very exciting and I always learned something new. I wish this could have been present through all of the education in the school. Also, I was sad to see that although the school had students from almost all over CT, there was not much diversity.
Overall, I’ve had many amazing experiences at Lyman Hall. My teachers have all been fantastic, and I’ve made memories that’ll last a lifetime! The administration and teachers are fair and truly care about the well being of their students. There are a wide variety of clubs available that will interest just about every student, and the music department is outstanding.
The teachers at Lyman Hall want to see you succeed. I never had an experience where I felt like a certain grade was unfair or unjust. There were always opportunities for extra help. As a community, I always felt safe, comfortable, and welcome. Beyond academics, Lyman Hall has so much to offer. The Vo-Ag program is incredible, as it offers students classes in equine science, aquaculture, and other agricultural disciplines. There are countless clubs to join. The student council has so many opportunities to get directly involved with the Lyman Hall community.