Luverne High School is an above average, public school located in Luverne, AL. It has 859 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Luverne High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- A50 Students
- A-44 Students
- B41 Students
- B40 Students
- A38 Students
- C-27 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- C-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Luverne High School
Luverne High School Reviews
I have rather enjoyed the last three years at Luverne High School. I have great friends and live in a great community. The high school has good potential, but I have to rate it as average. I love my teachers and I think the new administration is doing a great job so far. However, our school has extremely lacked in academic clubs and programs like, foreign language clubs, creative writing classes, journalism, and AP or honors courses. The college preparatory, or advanced, classes have also lacked in challenging curriculum.
Hello, I am a student at Luverne High School. Luverne High School is the best school in Crenshaw County, Alabama. We have an amazing faculty and our students strive for the best in academics, clubs, and sports. We are known for our determination to achieve our goals. Students are respectful, disciplined, and grateful for our school. The teachers do their absolute best to help us prepare for college. Every student is in almost every club or sport that we have. This year, our band has gotten a superior rating at all of the band competitions. Two years ago, a girl from the track team won in our state. Now, she is trying to win this year. This is and still is my experience at Luverne High School.
I liked the small town, family-feel, that I got at school. Everyone knew everyone. You never met a stranger and all the students helped each other. The teachers were like our second parents and every student had at least one teacher that they could go to with any problem they were having. We had the best guidance counselors in the world. I am so thankful for my counselors. I loved my school family. I do wish we would’ve learned more things that would be helpful in life. Such as cooking, doing taxes, simple handyman things.