Lutz Elementary School Reviews

Lutz is an amazing school. Such a big school with a small town feel. The administration is tremendous, and the teachers are as well. My kids love the teachers as they go above and beyond for all their students. The PTA is huge in this school and are constantly having family-involvement nights. Variety of after school clubs offered and great after school program (HOST) for my kids. Learning that this is a K-8 school just makes everything so much better!
Lutz Elementary School has been very supportive in my child's IEP program and general education. Teachers are very friendly and always there to help my child's IEP goal.
I love this school more than words can say. My girls are in 2nd grade and Kindergarten, and we have had such incredible experiences with all of their teachers. The principal, Mrs Branham, so evidently loves the children and has great pride in her school. She supports her teachers and works closely with the PTA in order to foster lots of successful events. I would love to see some after school programs or clubs in the future. In the mean time, we are proud Lutz Leopards!
Start Your Review of Lutz Elementary School
Lutz Elementary does not challenge gifted students at all. They are placed in regular classes and are bored to tears with the same material that the "non-gifted" students are learning." The teachers to the bare minimum required in class leaving the children unprepared for the next grade or school. It is disappointing that the old saying is proved true that "teachers teach because they cannot do."

The administration is so concerned with following the rules that they have no time to take care of student concerns or necessities. The "anonymously" turned my daughter into the Department of Children and Family Services for a mark on her check from me removing permanent marker where she attempted to apply "make-up." I went through weeks of embarrassing meetings and home checks with DCF to prove that this was not child abuse. The Principal Mary Fernandez is a joke. She is out to get any parents that challenge her. I was on her list. I obviously won my case because there was no cause, but she could have avoided the fiasco by simply asking be what had happened. Common decency no longer exists in our government run schools.

I proceeded to remove my daughter from Lutz Elementary and put her in a more academically challenging school.

I hop others head this warning and avoid Lutz Elementary.