COVID-19 Update for Prospective Students and Families:
Lutheran West has developed detailed plans and protocols for the health & safety of students and personnel during COVID-19. Protocols include daily sanitation, temperature checks, plexiglass shields for student desks/work spaces, a mask policy, and more. Admissions events like Open Houses will be scheduled when it is deemed possible, but families are welcome to visit for a personal tour. Learn More
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Sportsgrade B minus
Lutheran High School West is a private, co-educational high school in Rocky River, Ohio. For 60+ years, Lutheran West has provided quality secondary education in a Christ-centered education to young men and women.
Lutheran West is home to 500 students in grades 9-12. Students benefit from challenging academic programs, including Honors/AP courses, a wide selection of electives, and The Senney Honors Academy.
Lutheran West offers competitive athletic programs in 16 sports. Students participate in arts programs including fine art/studio art, graphic design, photography, vocal music, instrumental music, ceramics, drama, and more.
Facilities include a STEM classroom, large science labs, turf fields, weight training center, performing arts center, and art studio.
What makes Lutheran West truly unique is a strong sense of community shared by students, faculty, administration, and alumni. The school's Christian environment creates a caring, comfortable place for young people to thrive.
Lutheran High School West Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus92 Students
- grade A+78 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade A minus57 Students
- grade A minus49 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade B minus32 Students
- grade B+26 Students
- grade A25 Students
The Senney Honors Academy at Lutheran West
The Senney Honors Academy motivates students to reach their fullest potentials in high school while preparing them to excel in college. Students performing well academically are encouraged to stretch themselves both in and out of the classroom. Academy components: - Leadership Lecture Series - College Tour - Service and Internships - Standardized Test Prep - Enriched Academic Requirements
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
- Football Games21%
- Pep Social21%
- Spirit Week7%
- Student Council7%
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 11 responses
Clubs & Activities
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 6 responses
Living in the Area
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade A minus