Lutheran High School of San Antonio Reviews

PAY ATTENTION - THIS IS PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE, w/ evidence:
DUE TO THEIR MISMANAGEMENT AND LACK OF GENERAL FUNDING, WHICH WAS TRUE WELL BEFORE COVID-19, THERE IS NO NURSE PRESENT in the facility, no AED's, etc. DRUGS ARE PERMITTED; DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR 'CODE OF ETHICS'! THE ADVERTISING SAYS IT ALL: GRADUATION RATE 100% ... in fact THERE ARE NO STANDARDS! Christian? Really? Students openly speak of having sex together! A TEACHER QUIT HER JOB AND TOOK HER DAUGHTER OUT OF THIS SCHOOL FOR EXACTLY THAT. TEACHER'S PAY CHECKS HAVE BOUNCED REPEATEDLY! RETIREMENT ACCOUNTS HAD MISSING / LATE PAYMENTS LHSSA has 9 students registered this year. THERE IS EVERY REASON TO BELIEVE THAT, IF YOU ENROLL YOUR STUDENT HERE, THEY MAY NEED TO FIND ANOTHER SCHOOL BEFORE THE SEMESTER OR YEAR IS OUT!!! DO NOT BELIEVE THE HYPE ON THE HEALTH SCIENCES ACADEMY; WE PARENTS DONATED $25 k LAST YEAR; THE SCHOOL USED IT TO PAY BILLS!!!
Lutheran High school is a private christian college predatory school. Every student gets an iPad to keep for the year. I really love having an iPad for class because you don’tcarry around textbook, and you can type your notes... I especially love it because during the CoronaVirus pandemic Students was able to zoom with their iPads from home, and had all the resources they needed.
The teachers at LHS are incredibly helpful. They have flexible schedules which allows students to get the help they need at any time. You can really see how much each teacher loves to teach and their students. They show us the love of Christ and want us to be prepared for the next step in our lives.
LHS has so many great clubs and sports. You can play football while your on the robotics team. I personally love how you can do as many clubs and sports at one time as you want. I personally am in cheer, softball, robotics, stuco, and NHS.
LHS has definitely prepared me for the chapter of my life.
I like how compact the school is. Everyone knows each other and it feels like one big family. However, the school could use some new buildings, as it is very old and cannot pay for renovations.
Start Your Review of Lutheran High School of San Antonio
Lutheran is a relatively small school, which can be good. If you need help or one on one time with a teacher you can get it. It feels more like a family rather than a school. The school faculty and students will support you completely.
Lutheran High School in my opinion is the top school a child can Attend. As a former student there I began my life in public school up until the 11th grade. My time there was many things including educational, fun, and helped me get closer with Christ. This is the school to send your child too and I very much recommend it.
I just read a review that said students are not allowed to take notes. My child is challenged daily to do better than the day before. She is more motivated to raise her grades because her teachers continue to challenge her and keep me in the loop so I can support at home. Every year students are graduating and attending all types of colleges. My child is not a number at LHS!
This is the most incredible high school around! The athletics are super competitive, the teachers are top-notch, and the kids that attend are smart, kind, and amazing leaders. If you have a student who wants to be involved, this is the place.
*Please read the entire review.* This is school is small, and growing. The administration focuses more on making more students want to come to the school than keeping the present students happy. There is much more student events than I have experienced at a public school. The teachers are all different. Some are amazing and some I have never learned a single thing from. With it being a private school, the teachers have more room to make their own rules, but a lot of the rules ruin your learning. For being a college preparatory academy, I have been forced many times during class not to take notes(I am sure I will never learn how to take notes, which is a great skill for college). Since it is a small and growing school, it is always changing. I do love this school but I feel as though the administration needs to conform to a normal school structure.
The small size allows for the ability to pursue multiple programs simultaneously. However as it grows and develops this flexibility may disappear. Expansion is also limiting the effectiveness of some programs, and unless the staff expands, responsibilities may be too much for qualified teachers.
It was chill. Monday lunch is fine the best but every other day is fine. It needs more parent involvement. The kids there are cheap. The academics and sports are pretty good. The robotics program is really good as well.
I would not have gone anywhere else! The classes are small so you get to know the teachers well. The school work has been tough but I think I will be prepared for college.
Lutheran High school of San Antonio is a relatively small, lutheran school. However, the alumni are very helpful. They are always willing to help if you asked. If student have a question, teachers shows no hesitation and help them right away.
More over, they also care a lot about the student. The alumni always create a positive, fun, and academic environment to help their students to success. The school has all the sport that TAPPS provides such as football, soccer, swimming, basketball, tennis, etc.
Their facility is not as big as other school, but the equipments are amazing: iPad for each student, a robotic building of their own, soccer and football field, etc.
The principal, Patrick Maynard, is involved with the students and knows and engages each one personally. He has a wonderful sense of humor and yet takes his role as administrator seriously. The campus overlooks San Antonio and hill country and is easy to access (to avoid rush hour traffic if necessary). The student body is friendly and given many opportunities to become involved in sports and extracurricular activities.
My experience at Lutheran High School has been overall amazing. From the academics to the sports. The teachers are very hands on, since the school is so small they have enough time to work with you individually. The sports teams are great, everybody gets playing time at games if you're on the time and we usually win. The students there are nice, everybody keeps to their selves and is very welcoming to all new faces.
This is a great school! Teachers are awesome, and academics are pretty good quality and well-rounded. The student body is lively, and is good at making people feel welcome. Anywhere is not without their downfalls. Preparation for college applications and that process is lacking, and students can be very clique-ish once in a while. Overall a great school, I would recommend it!
After looking at other schools, we felt right at home at LHS due to the family atmosphere and welcoming environment. Their academics are on par and even exceed what other "top" schools claim. We are very happy with our choice and tell all our friends and family what a wonderful school this is.
We have seen a true desire of the staff at Lutheran to grow our child in the grace of our Lord Jesus as well as challenging her to great academic heights. We are very pleased with how the school is run, with excellence strived for in all areas. I look forward to our son attending once he is high school aged.
Start Your Review of Lutheran High School of San Antonio
LHS has outstanding mission opportunities for students to experience! Teachers are caring and the administration is supportive of students and parents.
Lutheran High San Antonio is and has been a wonderful school for our children. Our eldest graduated from LHS and was very well prepared for college. Our youngest is thriving in academics and sports at LHS in thanks to the teachers and staff.
A great small school with christian values that is growing larger every day. The classes are small which allows the teachers to be more involved in each individual child's learning. The athletic programs are great and allow for kid's to play multiple sports. An all around great small school for preparing for college as well as life in the adult world.