Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
Lumberton High School is an above average, public school located in Lumberton, TX. It has 1,133 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Lumberton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B minus287 Students
- grade A+163 Students
- grade A+119 Students
- grade B117 Students
- grade B+112 Students
- grade A minus92 Students
- grade B71 Students
- grade A69 Students
- grade A minus67 Students
- grade A+58 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 45 responses
- Sport events36%
- Themed dress-up weeks16%
- Band events/ competitions9%
- Football games in the student section7%
- Foot ball games, I am a cheerleader4%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$8,266 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like Lumberton High School
- grade B+Hardin-Jefferson High School
- Hardin-Jefferson Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 98 reviews
- grade B minusVidor High School
- Vidor Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 124 reviews
- grade B minusEvadale High School
- Evadale Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.88 out of 5 8 reviews
- grade B minusSilsbee High School
- Silsbee Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 87 reviews
Lumberton High School Reviews
Rating 3.76 out of 5 122 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
My experience at Lumberton High School has been on and off. There is not much diversity so if you don’t fit in with the stereotype then you will not have a good experience whatsoever. The teachers are typically pretty good and help you when you need it. The PreAP and AP classes are good but the regular classes are elementary level easy. Most people that attend the school don’t even like it which makes the school spirit very low. Sporting events are biased, everyone just likes the football team and doesn’t support anything else even so football is one of the worst teams/organizations at the school when it comes to competing. It is in a very safe area and the school is very safe, if anything happens then a teacher and or official reports immediately. It is a small town so everyone knows everyone’s business and news travels very fast.
I love Lumberton’s hometown feeling. Everyone knows everyone and the community is bonded in everything, especially hurricanes being in south east Texas. I do wish the school was less outdated or remodeled. Most of the schools are around 50 years old and have only had minor changes here and there since. The use of technology is extremely underdeveloped in contrast to other districts. Many schools have iPads for every student and a curriculum to go along with it. We don’t even have enough computers for all the students. While it all still works and I’m still getting a sufficient education it makes me wonder how much better it could be if we used proper resources.
My overall high school experience was average. Bad thing’s happened, good things happened but they both equaled each other out. Some things that I do not think that really matter about the education system and getting an adequate education is the dress code. My reasoning toward it is that as long as i’m getting an education and passing my courses, why does it matter if I am wearing leggings for jeans? Leggings are not inappropriate. Another thing I do not agree with is why can’t seniors decorate their graduation caps? We have gone through school for 13 years and we can’t even decorate our earned cap? Ridiculous. However, Lumberton High School has molded me into the person I am today. I have been in choir for 6 years, including middle school, and have noticed that choir is always on the back burner. Only used when needed then pushed to the side the rest of the time. Further more, however far I move off, I will always be a raider at heart.