Luis Valdez Leadership Academy is a public, charter school located in San Jose, CA. It has 380 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-70 Students
- A-49 Students
- A+44 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+42 Students
- B-36 Students
- A36 Students
- A+33 Students
- A32 Students
- B29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Luis Valdez Leadership Academy Reviews
Something I like about this school is that they have teachers that really care about you, they go out of their way to make sure the students are passing their classes. Also, the teachers there are open to create bonds with students and with time the teachers become more like your friends. Another thing this school has is something called advisory, it's kind of like having a homeroom but in advisory you stay with the same people throughout the 4 years of your high school experience, it's a little family. Now, our dances are fun because we are a mostly all Mexican in this school so we all feel accepted and we have 2 sister schools and our dances sometimes combine and thats when they're the best. If your goal is to make it to college, this school helps and does everything in their power to help every student get into college. The only thing that is stopping me from giving it 5 stars is that the campus is small.
What I like about my school is that it is very helpful and supporting. The teachers care very much about the students. No matter what issue there is, the school staff always making sure everything is okay and that everyone is doing well. I also like how small the school is and it's easier to get to classes and everyone knows you. Everyone gets along and the principle is always checking up on students during break time and checks up on classes as well. The counselors are very understanding and very helpful. It has many activities and it's full-on opportunities for students to take in and it's fun as well. I mostly like how parents are always connected to what's going on and how we all work together as a community.
Luis Valdez Leadership Acdemy is a charter school filled with diversity, authenticity, and college readiness. Build off of values such as En lak’ech and Sankofa. A school who choose to inspire and educate their students with their Latin roots. Teachers are dedicated to their students and provide much more then just a teacher influence. Luis Valdez is a school where the community is much more that just students and administrators. It’s a tight net family, a family that wants to see you be successful and strive for a four year university.