Lufkin High School is an above average, public school located in Lufkin, TX. It has 2,126 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Lufkin High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-351 Students
- C+241 Students
- A+238 Students
- A+205 Students
- A-170 Students
- B149 Students
- B+147 Students
- A109 Students
- A+97 Students
- A-95 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Lufkin High School
- A-Hudson High School
- Hudson Independent School District, TX
- 141 reviews
- B-Central High School
- Central Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- B+Woden High School
- Woden Independent School District, TX
- 83 reviews
- C+Diboll High School
- Diboll Independent School District, TX
- 72 reviews
Lufkin High School Reviews
I liked the programs offered by Lufkin High School such as STEM Academy and the Gifted and Talented program. They give students a great opportunity to apply their learning into real-life situations. There are also announcements every morning discussing the activities of sports and clubs. The students are very friendly and the counseling office helps the students with any problem they may have such as questions about volunteer events, college, or mental health. Overall for a small-town high school, I'm definitely glad I got the chance to go there.
After attending Lufkin High School for 3 years I can say that going to school here is a place that feels like home. Now some days I may dread coming, but it’s because I’m stressed, I have a test, practice, or maybe I just didn’t get enough sleep. Anyhow, LHS is filled with many opportunities! Either they be academic or social. Most of the teachers, coaches, and counselors strive to best help the students. I’m glad to be a part of this school and am definitely sad this will be my last year here.
I attend Lufkin High School, which is located in Lufkin, TX. I am also a sophomore. At Lufkin High School there is a very diverse population which gives off many different ideas and vibes throughout the school. The teachers at this school are nice and very voluntary when it comes to helping students better their grades. Although, some teachers are very hard and make it difficult to pass their class, this only makes the students experience what college is like. Our school is very competitive when it comes to UIL completions or Athletics. In our football this year we made it to the 4th round! There are a lot of students at this school that care about their academics and want to better themselves.