Luella High School is a public school located in Locust Grove, GA. It has 1,176 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 43% in reading.
Luella High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B373 Students
- A+336 Students
- B+267 Students
- B211 Students
- C+207 Students
- B-177 Students
- B-139 Students
- A+138 Students
- B+134 Students
- C+111 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Luella High School Reviews
I loved how the teachers, faculty and staff cared for their students and wanted to see them reach their upmost success. Luella High School genuinely prepared me for college and beyond. My relationships with my counselors and teachers were very tight and whenever I was being challenged by my AP or Honors courses, they were there for me and recommended me to great tutors. When it comes to the clubs and sports, LHS had great student pride and whether it was the stands on the field or the bleachers in the gym everyone always came out for the games! I’ve had an high school experience like no other at Luella and every student that attends will most likely share that great experience.
Luella High School has various areas it could seek improvement in. As an out of state transfer student, I've never felt less invited somewhere. The school seemed to lack organization and fairness. My counselor somewhat struggled to assist me in graduating and I never received much help in transitioning. Moreover, breaks such as lunch were very stringent. Students were made to sit in one spot for the entirety of the hour and therefore, are struggling to release any energy or develop a personality. Many of the administrators seem to ignore the needs and thoughts of children. I'd recommend more freedom as the students seemed to mirror that of inmates with the lack of freedom and self expression allowed at the school.
My experience at Luella High School has been pretty good for the most part. I’ve made some good grades even through all the challenges to get them. I had a lot of fun at many events like football, basketball, and soccer games. As well as assemblies, fairs, and pep rallies. Most importantly, I’ve made some amazing friends who actually made me want to go to school. The school has it’s problems and complications like the grading system, some of the faculty, fights, and a few rules. Despite all that, a big reason I love Luella is the culture and diversity there. It is a school that truly has personality and shine. It truly is a friendly place, everyone is kind to one another and everyone is family. It made school bearable and fun to go to. I will miss going to Luella but I am grateful that I was able to spend high school there and to graduate with a lot of incredible people. My experience at Luella High School was overall amazing.