Luella High School is a public school located in Locust Grove, GA. It has 1,190 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Luella High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+286 Students
- A+285 Students
- B+221 Students
- B-168 Students
- B159 Students
- B-141 Students
- A+112 Students
- B-104 Students
- A-104 Students
- C+77 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Luella High School Reviews
Luella High School is a school system like any other here in Henry County. Through recent years, the “move on when ready” type of education has allowed students to take charge of the pace of their education, which I really appreciated!
This school is fairly average. Some teachers obviously care more about students educational success more than others. This school needs a greater sense of community and support amongst the teachers, faculty, and students for students to truly succeed. Just my opinion!
In my experience, Luella High School was an average public school that I had the opportunity to attend for the hopes of getting a good education. I very much enjoyed the classes I was enrolled in at the time, but I didn't feel as if they were very effective in preparing students for college. As a result, I noticed that students were doing poorly and not scoring very high on exams or tests. Luckily, the school was excellent in involving parents in their child's progress and success. Teachers would schedule sit-down meetings with students and their parents to discuss what needs to be worked on to improve results in the classroom. Overall, my experience at Luella High School was average.