Ludlow Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Ludlow, MA. It has 891 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Ludlow Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A110 Students
- B67 Students
- B-54 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+41 Students
- B37 Students
- C+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Ludlow Senior High School
- BTantasqua Regional High School - Technical Division
- Tantasqua Public Schools, MA
- 40 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 198 reviews
- B+South Hadley High School
- South Hadley Public Schools, MA
- 69 reviews
- B-Quaboag Regional High School
- Quaboag Regional Public Schools, MA
- 43 reviews
Ludlow Senior High School Reviews
My experience at Ludlow Senior High School was very pleasant. Ludlow is full of compassionate teachers who are there to provide a solid education to their students and aid them in being successful. Ludlow High School is very considerate to students who do not always understand what they are learning at first. They provide extra help and care about not only the academic well being of their students, but also their mental health. Some of my teachers have become friends of mine whom I can go to with any struggle or problem I need to talk to someone about. At Ludlow High School learning is made to be not a chore, but the gaining of knowledge in an interesting way.
They offer a wide range of honors and AP classes, and guidance counselors are great about getting you the classes you need depending on what you want to do for a living. Most of the teachers are amazing and passionate about what they teach. The students here are very cliquey, and sort you into social classes based on how much money you have. Administration does not know how to handle things well. They solved the issue of vaping in bathrooms by locking them all but one of them, and safety by placing alarms on every single door besides the front one. There isn't much class unity here at all, people are always at each other's throats over who has the most recent BMW or highest grades. The soccer program is the equivalent to a military training program, practicing every day even on weekends. The tennis team won't play you in a game unless you're an upperclassman. Clubs will not accept new members at this school, as a friend of mine was turned away from joining the French Club midyear.
I enjoyed this school because all of the faculty was very outgoing and cared about every student individually. I was also very involved with sports and outside activities and was proud to do so. However, over my four years there they made a lot of changes to the school that made me like it less. We could not leave the lunchroom during lunch and they only had one bathroom unlocked throughout the day. We also could not go outside at any point in the day or we got in trouble.