Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Lucas High School is an above average, public school located in Lucas, OH. It has 205 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Lucas High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+18 Students
- B-11 Students
- B-11 Students
- B10 Students
- C10 Students
- A-8 Students
- B7 Students
- B6 Students
- A-6 Students
- A+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Lucas High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.3 responses
Schools like Lucas High School
- B-Loudonville High School
- Loudonville-Perrysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 61 reviews
- BFredericktown High School
- Fredericktown Local School District, OH
- 84 reviews
- C+Hillsdale High School
- Hillsdale Local School District, OH
- 43 reviews
- C+Clear Fork High School
- Clear Fork Valley Local School District, OH
- 89 reviews
Lucas High School Reviews
What a wonderful school! Very easy-going and laid back, but also pushes you to do your best to succeed in everything you do! Teachers will push you until you succeed, they will be very persistent because they see a bright future ahead for you. They will make sure you are ready for college if you decide to go down that path because they have programs where you can go to college full time or part time as a junior and senior! We also have great sporting programs that everyone can participate in! You have to do your part! You get so many opportunities if you come to Lucas! If I had to do high school all over again I would choose this school over and over again!
Being a student at Lucas High School is extremely different than being a student at any other school. Lucas is the definition of a small town where everyone knows everyone. There is only around 200 students enrolled at Lucas High School and my graduating class will be around 46 students. A con from the limited enrollment is you only have a few options of classes you can take or extracurricular activities you can be involved in. However, a pro of going to a small school is that I have been able to form close relationships with many of my classmates over the years. Most of the kids I am in school with now are the same kids I went to school with in elementary school. The biggest change that I would want to see from Lucas High School is for them to have a little more variety with the classes and extracurricular activities they offer.
Lucas High School is very small, all of the class sizes are less than 25, which allows the teachers to get to know you personally. Teachers at Lucas care about your success and focus on how you learn, finding new methods or spending extra time to help you succeed. It truly is a wonderful school and there isn’t anything that I would change about it.