Lubbock-Cooper High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lubbock, TX. It has 1,411 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Lubbock-Cooper High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-420 Students
- B-186 Students
- A+154 Students
- A+110 Students
- B91 Students
- A89 Students
- B+87 Students
- A82 Students
- B72 Students
- B+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Lubbock-Cooper High School
- AFrenship High School
- Frenship Independent School District, TX
- 486 reviews
- BRoosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Independent School District, TX
- 35 reviews
- A-Idalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- 84 reviews
- A-New Home School
- New Home Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 9 reviews
Lubbock-Cooper High School Reviews
High schooler are... as expected, but I love the huge number of available classes! Elective wise, classes range from welding, woodshop, and agricultural development to dance, cosmetology, and floral design. I only wish there were more language courses!
Attending Lubbock Cooper High School is genuinely a privilege. LCHS has a variety of different classes that could career based classes in computer science, agriculture, medical sciences, child development, and food science. OUr administration does an amazing job at managing our school's functioning and safety, along with our well-being. The staff here is another perk at LCHS because they are always willing to help a student when it is needed. I truly thank the janitors, our lunch ladies, teachers, student aides, teacher aides, police officers that work hard to make sure we're safe, and the staff within the office and counseling center. I do feel lucky being a student at such a technologically advanced school and one that has such neighborly peers.
Lubbock-Cooper High School has a very special place in my heart. I moved to Lubbock in 7th grade, and left all my old friends behind. I had a tough time getting adjusted to a new school, new faces, and a new city. As time went on and I grew older, I started to realize that I wouldn’t want to graduate in any other place, with any other people. Since I was a small girl, I’ve always wanted to know everyone in my graduating class, or know everyone in general. The class I’m graduating with feels like my very big, very extended family. I’ve never seen a class of people be so tight-knit and supportive of each other. My heart swells with pride for my class, and for dear old Cooper High.