Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade B+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A
Lubbock-Cooper High School is a highly rated, public school located in Lubbock, TX. It has 1,643 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 69% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Lubbock-Cooper High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus576 Students
- grade B minus245 Students
- grade A+196 Students
- grade A+151 Students
- grade A127 Students
- grade B+120 Students
- grade B117 Students
- grade B+106 Students
- grade B98 Students
- grade A97 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 38 responses
- Football Season21%
- Pep Rally16%
- Baseball Season5%
- Volleyball Season5%
- Fish Day3%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,651 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 20 responses
Schools like Lubbock-Cooper High School
- grade AFrenship High School
- Frenship Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4.05 out of 5 529 reviews
- grade BRoosevelt High School
- Roosevelt Independent School District, TX
- Rating 4 out of 5 35 reviews
- grade A minusIdalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 89 reviews
- grade A minusNew Home School
- New Home Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- Rating 4.64 out of 5 14 reviews
Lubbock-Cooper High School Reviews
Rating 4.03 out of 5 157 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I went to Lubbock-Cooper High School for all four years of my high school education. My experience was overall a good time. Football games were the best part of my time there. All the themes were very fun and quirky. I would change the school spirit, the pep rally's weren't very fun. The nachos are great, but every other food I would not recommend. The education in some departments were great and I learned so much, but it honestly really depends on how the teacher teaches of well I learned. I made some of my best friends through this school. There is a lot of diversity so everyone will end up in some group. The elective courses had a very wide range of varieties.
Overall, I have had such a great experience at Lubbock-Cooper High School. We really are a family and the teachers and staff truly care about their students. I have always felt so welcome here and I have met some of my best friends being in this district. One thing I wish was different is our dress code because it can be a little harsh sometimes. Other than that, I have no complaints, and I just love the atmosphere here and how committed they are to keeping their students safe.
I love the dynamic of the different students and how we influence each other. Lubbock-Cooper is a very large school, with kids coming from so many different backgrounds. With this dynamic, we learn a lot from each other. I also love the teachers and how they care to watch their students succeed. Something I would like to see change is the large number of students uninvolved in activities or clubs. High school is so much better when you're involved and active, and I would like to see more clubs with something for everyone.