Loyalsock Township Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Williamsport, PA. It has 488 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Loyalsock Township Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+90 Students
- A72 Students
- B58 Students
- C+50 Students
- C+49 Students
- A-43 Students
- A-31 Students
- A-30 Students
- B30 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Loyalsock Township Senior High School
- B-Montgomery Jr/Sr High School
- Montgomery Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- B+Montoursville Area Senior High School
- Montoursville Area School District, PA
- 90 reviews
- BHughesville Junior/Senior High School
- East Lycoming School District, PA
- 73 reviews
- BJersey Shore Area Senior High School
- Jersey Shore Area School District, PA
- 166 reviews
Loyalsock Township Senior High School Reviews
Loyalsock has its good and it’s bad. I attended the school from kindergarten through graduation. There are some teachers that, frankly, didn’t seem to care- and then there were those who did. And that’s what makes the difference. Those teachers had my back when I thought I would crumble under the pressure of growing up. They picked me up, dusted me off, and reminded me that I’m worth-while. Is it all butterflies and rainbows? No. But those teachers that really care are what make Loyalsock special. Teachers like Mr. Kaplan, Mrs. Wahl, Mrs. June, Mrs. Carpenter - they give their hearts to the education of Loyalsock kids. I knew a lot of nose-in-the-air, stuck up, entitled brats at Loyalsock. But I knew a lot more genuine, kind, intelligent people.
I loved how much the school counselors cared about students, and they made an amazing effort to put students into the right classes. Teachers also show their knowledge of the material very well, and they do their best to help their students. There is also a large number of activities and extra-curricular activities for students.
People say they can’t wait to graduate but Loyalsock makes you feel like a family and somewhere that is safe and fun. There is many different experiences throughout senior year and also throughout high school. You need to make these years the best before going into the real world and start your life. I wouldn’t change anything about the school maybe being less on iPads and more note taking and worksheets on paper, but also it’s nice.