Lowville High School is an above average, public school located in Lowville, NY. It has 407 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Lowville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+33 Students
- B18 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-13 Students
- B12 Students
- A+11 Students
- B-11 Students
- A11 Students
- C10 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Lowville High School
- BCarthage Senior High School
- Carthage Central School District, NY
- 133 reviews
- B-South Lewis High School
- South Lewis Central School District, NY
- 30 reviews
- C+Beaver River Senior High School
- Beaver River Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- B-Copenhagen Central School
- Copenhagen Central School District, NY
- PK, K-12
- 29 reviews
Lowville High School Reviews
Lowville Academy is a great place to learn. Different materials and subjects are taught well by the teachers to the students so that students understand. The class sizes are small, so teachers are usually able to do one on one with a student or help one when they are in need. The atmosphere is very friendly and everyone knows each other. Although, the curriculum can be hard and sometimes a little difficult to understand, Lowville teaches us to get assignments done on time and receive help if we need it. I have gone to this school my whole life and I have grown a liking within it.
Lowville is a good place to send children for their schooling. Lowville is ranked on state level and has excellent facilities. The campus is clean and friendly with plenty of staff willing to go out of their way to see the kids grow. However, living in a small community restricts children from a diverse population of people.
Kind staff, fun classes, LGBTQ+ friendly, supportive clubs, college level courses, and a great place to make friends.