Lowpoint-Washburn Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Washburn, IL. It has 147 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 12% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-33 Students
- B+31 Students
- A-17 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-10 Students
- B10 Students
- A-9 Students
- B8 Students
- B8 Students
- B+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Lowpoint-Washburn Junior/Senior High School
- B-Fieldcrest High School
- Fieldcrest Community Unit School District No. 6, IL
- 41 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 102 reviews
- C+Henry-Senachwine High School
- Henry-Senachwine Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 33 reviews
- A-Washington Community High School
- Public School
- Washington, IL
- 123 reviews
Lowpoint-Washburn Junior/Senior High School Reviews
At Lowpoint Washburn High School, you have tons of opportunities that a larger school wouldn't offer. For example, since we do not have enough people to try out for a sports program, the person automatically makes the team. Even if they aren't the most athletic person out there, they have the ability to improve their skills tremendously! Another great quality about Lowpoint Washburn is that the teachers care so much about their students, and they will stay after school just to help further explain something the student may not completely understand. The faculty here is amazing, they provide great help and they only want to see their students go far in life.
Lowpoint Washburn changed my life. I always participated in sports and activities. I always tried to find something to do and it always turned out great. The faculty is also very excellent. They always will help with home work, even if it's not their class, and help with social issues too. I have been going to this school since kindergarten and I wouldn't change anything for the world. I have made good friends that will last a long time. The school is well kept with maintenance and always clean. I have gotten personal bonds with teachers because they are the ones who are always promoting school spirit. During class games we have sponsors that are teachers and they play the games way harder than any student
LWHS has given me a lot of opportunities to be involved with a variety of activities that I may not have gotten to in a school with a large student body. Another thing that I enjoy is how close I am to my classmates and the relationships with my teachers. It's very easy to make friends here and feel comfortable in the environment. Sometimes I feel like it can be hard to get everybody to show school spirit. Things are also a bit unorganized at times, but overall, I love my school and am thankful for my experiences here.