Lowndes High School is an above average, public school located in Valdosta, GA. It has 2,865 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 51% in reading.
Lowndes High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+750 Students
- A+511 Students
- B+272 Students
- B249 Students
- B+228 Students
- B196 Students
- A+161 Students
- B-148 Students
- C+104 Students
- A102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.47 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.47 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 152 responsesReport
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.92 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.95 responses
Lowndes High School Reviews
I have moved to Georgia in 2016 about to start my freshman year. To be honest, I was a little scared and worried because I did not know anybody on my first day of High School. After I have settled for a while, I actually started to love Lowndes High School. The teachers develop a good friendship with their students and the students gets involved in everything they can and I knew I would be able to fit in just well. I progressively made a new friend almost each day and I still keep in touch with them. In 2017, I made a big decision of joining the cheer team and it was the best choice I ever made. Not only did I make the team for 3 years, I also met my second family. Making the cheer team changed my life for the better and I am so grateful to have that opportunity to build new friendships with the team. They are the reason why I am proud to call myself a Lowndes High Viking student!
Lowndes High School is an amazing school to spend four years at! Almost all of the teachers truly care about their students, and even the students that aren’t in their classrooms. The administration wants the students to succeed. There are tons of fun activities and clubs to get involved in, as well as, sports teams to try out for. The only thing I would recommend changing would be getting updated text books and the parking.
While attending Lowndes High School, I appreciated the academic support from the faculty members. They were willing to meet with me and other students for additional tutoring after hours if we needed further help in understanding the material. Furthermore, the faculty members continually pushed their students towards excellence, encouraging to try new extracurricular activities in and out-of state, and due to their encouragement, I was able to to become a more well-rounded college student, who was eager to explore new cultures by studying abroad and try new clubs like Phi Kappa Phi and the Institute of Healthcare Improvement.