Lower Moreland High School is a top rated, public school located in Huntingdon Valley, PA. It has 755 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Lower Moreland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-235 Students
- A+161 Students
- A-139 Students
- A97 Students
- A+63 Students
- B55 Students
- A+44 Students
- B-42 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Lower Moreland High School
- A+Haverford Senior High School
- School District of Haverford Township, PA
- 304 reviews
- A+Moorestown High School
- Moorestown Township Public School District, NJ
- 201 reviews
- A+Plymouth-Whitemarsh Senior High School
- Colonial School District, PA
- 341 reviews
- A+Council Rock High School - North
- Council Rock School District, PA
- 269 reviews
Lower Moreland High School Reviews
The incredibly selfless and personable teachers, educators, coaches and staff who truly care about the success of their students and the well-being of each student. Students have always been encouraged to pursue extracurriculars that interest them because being well rounded and engaging in things you’re passionate about is incredibly important. Each and every student has their story, the things they’re interested in, the causes they’re willing to stand up for and yet when together we feel as one. Students able to juggle the numerous activities all while managing to fully dedicate themselves to their studies. Being a student here has always made me feel like I can accomplish anything, I feel truly unstoppable and for that amongst countless other things, I am forever grateful. Because of Lower Moreland, I am driven, hard working, motivated, innovative, well educated, passionate about countless causes. What I have learned at Lower Moreland will go way beyond my thirteen years here.
Having completed my first year of college, I can say that Lower Moreland prepared me for the workload I have as a college student. Additionally, I feel that Lower Moreland pushed me to learn about a wide variety of subjects. I have drawn on my high school knowledge a lot while in college. When I was a student at Lower Moreland, I felt certain subject areas did not have the best teachers. The English department lacked teachers that taught me how to improve my writing skills. I encountered similar problems with the mathematics department, as many of the teachers are not flexible in their approach in teaching math to students. I feel that some teachers do not realize that each student learns differently from another. The teachers often want to teach every student the same way rather than approach student's individual needs.
My experience at Lower Moreland High School has been a positive one! Every student can explore their interests in a safe environment with knowledgeable teachers! I have made lifelong friends and have really grown as a person in this school district. The only thing I would change would be to add on to the schools to accommodate more students!