Lower Merion High School is a top rated, public school located in Ardmore, PA. It has 1,476 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 81% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Lower Merion High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+229 Students
- A-224 Students
- A224 Students
- A+193 Students
- A-152 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+84 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+74 Students
- A70 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Lower Merion High School
- A+Harriton Senior High School
- Lower Merion School District, PA
- 173 reviews
- A+Radnor Senior High School
- Radnor Township School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- A+Great Valley High School
- Great Valley School District, PA
- 136 reviews
- A+Wissahickon Senior High School
- Wissahickon School District, PA
- 240 reviews
Lower Merion High School Reviews
I transfered to Lower Merion High School as a Sophmore. Lower Merion made my transition smooth as they provided my family and I with insight on the school routine, a personal tour, and placement testing to ensure I would be placed in the right classes. I deal with severe anxiety and depression, their mental health department and guidance office is easily assessable. However, Lower Merion lacks in the field of college readiness, but I think for any High School it is hard to gauge how ready a student can and will be for college as 11th to 12th grade is an ever-changing and confusing time for any student. But overall, Lower Merion has provided resources to help me excel as not only a student but as a person. I have had so many amazing teachers who have helped me through every step of the way even if that was staying with me during Lunch & Learn, or giving me extra help, responding to my emails quickly, to even just talking to me one on one.
The school is pretty good. I have been at Lower Merion for over a year now and it's pretty good I like the school and the teachers. I also did some summer classes so now I can get ahead of the work and have a more free schedule for my Senior year more space for electives, getting a job, internships, or other things I want to do so that I can be more prepared for college and the future. They provide us with computers which is cool. I am apart of their performing arts organization called Players we do everything for the shows we put on. Like choosing the show, casting, directing, choreographing the dances, teaching each other songs, building the sets, setting up the lights sounds and mics, making the costumes, and getting the funds we need by working with local businesses asking them to donate or by ad space in our playbill. I also am apart of the crew team it does mean early morning but it is definitely worth it. Crew is one of the best sports that this school offers.
Lower Merion high school prepares students well for college. They always encourage us to complete scholarships, and they host events where colleges from around the world come here to talk to us about any questions or concerns we might have as we enter into adulthood. Lower Merion School District is known for their caring teachers and quality education.