Lower Dauphin High School is a highly rated, public school located in Hummelstown, PA. It has 1,165 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 80% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Lower Dauphin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+154 Students
- A96 Students
- B70 Students
- A-66 Students
- B58 Students
- B54 Students
- C+45 Students
- A-40 Students
- B39 Students
- C+39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Lower Dauphin High School
- A-Mechanicsburg Area Senior High School
- Mechanicsburg Area School District, PA
- 300 reviews
- ACamp Hill Senior High School
- Camp Hill School District, PA
- 45 reviews
- BElizabethtown Area Senior High School
- Elizabethtown Area School District, PA
- 134 reviews
- B+Donegal High School
- Donegal School District, PA
- 138 reviews
Lower Dauphin High School Reviews
The guidance counselors at Lower Dauphin High School are by far some of the best counselors out there for college readiness. They really care about your future and show you that they do. Most teachers are very caring about you and your grades, but some of course just feel like they’re there to do their job. The food is average. School spirit is a big thing here with Falcon PRIDE and our clubs and student organizations are extraordinary from Mini-THON, Youth & Government, Student Council and Class Councils, etc. They offer a very wide curriculum ranging from general level classes to AP classes. The AP classes are obviously more hard but one can see that most of the teachers who teach AP classes are more caring about their students and their grades. LD also has an AMAZING foreign language department and foreign language teachers. Sports are pretty good. We have an amazing and state-known field hockey and men’s soccer team.
The one thing I do like about the school is the great connections you can have with your teachers. They are more than happy to provide help including staying after school for tutoring sessions or to give you advice after class so there are not many embarrassing moments during the class session. However, the school is known to have a student body that cares more about tailgating, sports, and drama more than academics. Our STEM team and Nanoline team have won states and nationals in the past two years (cough I went...cough), but besides them, I have not seen many of the staff try to persuade the students to do more when the student shows no motivation. Also, our guidance counselors suck with getting or giving information especially important files like transcripts and other college documents out in time for any deadline.
Lower Dauphin High School is a great place to learn and make friends. It is a very friendly environment, and you can learn a lot. We have plenty of facilities that are needed. The student body isn’t as diverse as others may be. However, they are an accepting body.